Blog No. 16. Swooshing your toes.




I felt your movement, felt it through my feet

Standing in the ocean hundreds of miles away.

How long ago did you swoosh your toes,

Yet today paddling on the Sennen beach

The incoming tide brought it here to me

Sand tickled my toes and swoosh!!!

 

You appeared in my head Swooshing your toes,

Sending ripples out to sea, ripples of laughter

Laughter spreading outwards as they rose   

Little bubbles bursting  rising in the  sea

And then on the surface becoming a wave

A wave now part of the ocean here today

 

It began to make the journey with your thoughts

Slowly moving with the power of the moon

Helped along with a push from a dolphin nose

Some times your thoughts sinking into the gloom

Then pushed to the surface by a swooshing tale or fin

Once again crossing the ocean thoughts wrapped within.

 

Then today I felt that Swooshing wave upon my feet

And your laughter came deep within my soul.

I knew that you would not come back to me

That you had gone off surfing I’d been told

Yet each tide will bring your thoughts to me

As I stand on Sennen beach Swooshing my toes.


GeorgeP     19/01/2023


Photograph  Credit  Big waves and sunset skies at Nanjizal by Katherine Baxter


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog No. 13 Sennen Area - Who owned what in 1838

Blog No. 25 : Did Jesus visit Cornwall?

Blogg 24 St Piran - Man of Tin.