No. 23 . What was it? and The answer.


I posted this on to Allpoetry.com on the 12th of Feb.2023.         

 What was it? - a poem by GeorgeP - 

What was it?


I don't know.

Flew past my window,

Going very slow,

maybe a comet,

maybe a plane,

or a flying saucer

with another name.

What was it?

I just don't know,

and yet it was going

ho so slow.

 

Today is 26th Feb. 2023 and I wrote the answer. 




What was it?   The Answer.

Hey folks come on don’t worry.

No flying saucers were seen.

No comets or even a plane.

It was a hot air balloon it seems.

 

It was not of the Chinese variety

I just made a big mistake.

It was flown by a guy from London.

Bringing me a piece of his birthday cake

 

It was my old friend from Greenpeace.

My mate John Sprange it seems

He’d decided to come and visit me

for a Birthday tea of my dreams.

 

Action against Nuclear Testing with Balloon in Berlin

Greenpeace activists Gerd Leipold and John Sprange start a trip in the Greenpeace hot air balloon 'Trinity' in protest against nuclear testing in the East and West. They cross the Berlin wall and land in East Germany territory where they are arrested and detained for a while. The balloon was taken into custody by the East German police.

Gerd said, “We set out from a secluded ports field in Wilmersdorf. Berlin. It was the only place in the world where we could protest against nuclear testing by four nuclear powers* at the same time."

*Britain, Russia, France and the U.S.A.

Action date: 28/08/1983   Locations: Alpine Countries, Berlin, Germany

Credit line: © Greenpeace / Ali Paczensky


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog No. 13 Sennen Area - Who owned what in 1838

Blog No. 25 : Did Jesus visit Cornwall?

Blogg 24 St Piran - Man of Tin.